GrahamForrest.com understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://grahamforrest.com (“My Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions & Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in Part 14, below; and
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
2. Information About Me
GrahamForrest.com is owned and operated by Graham Forrest, a Sole Trader in England, United Kingdom.
Data Protection Officer: Graham Forrest
You can contact me using the details in Part 15.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are Your Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I hold. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if I am relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 15.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data I hold about you changes, please keep me informed as long as I have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns myself, however, so please contact me first using the details in Part 15.
6. What Data Do I Collect?
** Insert Data Collected **
7. How Do I Use Your Personal Data?
** Insert How Data Is Used **
With your permission and where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on my products .
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
I will always obtain your express opt-in consent before sharing your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes and you will be able to opt-out at any time.
Third Parties (including Google, YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook) whose content appears on My Site may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that I do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and I advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
I will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected unless I reasonably believe that another purpose is compatible with that or those original purpose(s) and need to use your personal data for that purpose. If I do use your personal data in this way and you wish me to explain how the new purpose is compatible with the original, please contact me using the details in Part 15.
If I need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, I will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
In some circumstances, where permitted or required by law, I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
9. Where Do I Store Your Personal Data?
10. Do I Share Your Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data within the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
Our website address is: https://grahamforrest-com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.